Sunday, January 21, 2007

Post-Ictal

Soren had a seizure yesterday and just had one today. Today's was a strong tonic-clonic (stiff, jerking) and lasted about 1 minute. Soren is now post-ictal (asleep). And I realized that after he seizes I'm a bit post-ictal as well. I've been walking around in a daze for the past 30 minutes.

I did manage to weigh Soren. We think that he's been having a growth spurt. He seized a bit over a week ago and didn't come down with any illness. We got the okay to increase his Lamictal and he did well until today. So I checked to see if he's any heavier. He's gained about 2 pounds. So then I called the pediatric neurologist on call. I'm waiting for him or her to call me back so I can find out if I can increase his medicine again.

But until then, I'm a bit stunned. I decided to write to at least get some of this out of my system. It's just me, Soren, and Mo right now. Aaron's working.

Soren just woke up. I guess I better come out of my shock as well and get dinner ready.

Amy

No comments: