Saturday, March 24, 2007

Aaron's Dream

This is a note from Aaron, Soren's Dad...

Amy has done a wonderful job with keeping folks informed with this blog. I’d just like to share a bit of what helps me believe Soren’s life will be better.

In 2004 during a particularly bad patch of seizures, I had a dream. At that point, Amy and I were slightly delusional from the 24/7 seizure assault. But the dream was real. It was dusk. I was standing on our back patio watching a group of children play in the backyard. Soren is standing next to me. He turns and grabs my hand. He grabs my hand just like Moira does. Instantly, I know he is 4 years old. And although I don’t see it, I know that he can walk.

Soren will be 4 in six months. He has a long way to go before he stands, let alone walks. From this blog, you know a bit of the road we’ve traveled. But when things look bleak, I remember Soren standing next to me holding my hand. And I hope.

Aaron

No comments: