Sunday, September 03, 2006

Singing for my Soren

In less than a week we'll be having Soren's 2nd Stem Cell Fundraiser at Occidental College's Keck Theater.  The show is at 8 pm and is NOT for kids!

Why?

Well, for the first time in 9 years, I will be performing on stage!!!!!!

Yes, you've seen me perform karaoke. Yes, I've sung at Christmas parties and gatherings. But after retiring from acting to focus on writing, I will, on an official stage, be singing my now-infamous "Vagina Song."

Why am I stepping foot back on the stage? For my sweet son Soren, of course.

And, as a bonus, you get to throw socks at me while I do it! For those of you who love The Vagina Song, what better way to enjoy it than with a live musical accompaniment? For those of you who hate it, what better way to take revenge than to hurl socks at me while I sing?

So, this post is a less than subtle reminder to come to the fundraiser THIS SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH!

The Burglars of Hamm will be performing Easy Targets, their "solo shows that lets you throw." Within the line-up for that evening you get to throw socks at an actor impersonating Abe Lincoln (it's fun trying to knock off that freakin' hat), another doing very pompous Shakespearean piece, and yet another coming out--and stripping down--of the closet. Not to mention me singing about The Va-J-J. C'mon!

Tickets are $20. Bring extra ammo for more socks! (You will SO want them!) We've got 380 seats we can fill! Bring a friend (or 20!)

Go

  • here
  • to pre-buy tickets. Or, if you want to buy tickets at the door, I'll see you there!

    Thank you all for your wonderful and neverending support!

    Amy

    No comments: