Sunday, March 01, 2009

Little Loops

Hey all,

I know, it has been FOREVER!!! I apologize, but life is busy.

The "little loops" I am speaking of are the Absence loops that Soren has been getting into. They started last weekend (Feb. 20). I noticed it when I was feeding Soren. He had an Absence and recovered. Then he had another. And another. This went on for a solid 3 or 4 minutes. I was actually fearing I was going to have to give him Diastat.

But then, as oddly as they started, they stopped. He was fine, alert, and finished eating as if nothing had happened. He did the same thing on our drive home (we were in Scottsdale). But it passed and all was well.

So I sent an email to Soren's neurologist on Monday and got the okay on Friday to increase his Lamictal by 25 mgs on the evening dose. So we'll see if that has any effect. I'm a little doubtful because the Lamictal doesn't appear to do much, but I could be wrong. I hope I am.

I'll keep you in the loop on the loops.

Amy

No comments: