Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sign the Epilepsy Awareness Petition!

As all of you know, our son Soren suffers from a debilitating form of Epilepsy. One of the tough things about Epilepsy is that people in the general public know so little about it. It is a disease that many either never think about or think is easily controlled by medication.

Sadly, only 70% of those with Epilepsy have seizure control. That leaves 30% suffering from seizures and the after effects of those seizures. 30% searching for the right medication and dealing with the side effects of those meds.

It is a disease with a terrible stigma. It is a disease that can be completely debilitating.

We need to raise awareness of Epilepsy. It doesn’t get the press that many diseases do. But it’s time to change that. You can help. And all it will cost you is a little time. November is Epilepsy Awareness Month and The Epilepsy Foundation needs your help! All I’m asking is that you go to
  • Epilepsy Petition
  • and sign!

    The Epilepsy Foundation’s goal is to collect 100,000 signatures by December 31, 2008 to present to our elected leaders. That would definitely send a message!

    Collecting signatures is a great way to raise epilepsy awareness. The more we talk about Epilepsy, the more we educate the public. So come on! This isn't going to happen by itself! We need to make it happen! Sign and help make a difference!

    Sign for Soren!

    No comments: