Monday, September 03, 2007

Jinxing Ourselves

So, as soon as I write how well Soren is doing, he has a seizure. It's as if he hears what we are saying and sets out to thwart us. I know this isn't actually true. It's just a coincidence.

Nonetheless, on Wednesday, Soren had a seizure while at camp. Moira and I had a bunch of things we planned to do at this time. Well, the seizure threw me for a loop (you'd think I'd be used to it by now) and our day got all messed up because we had to pick Soren up early. He had one other seizure that day.

Thursday morning, he had another seizure, so I canceled him going to camp. Since I was basically expecting the seizures that day, I wasn't as frazzled. By his third seizure, I gave him Diastat, which knocked him out and reset his brain.

Friday was actually a good day for us all. Mo, Soren, and I even went to see Hairspray (something we were supposed to do on Wednesday-seizure day).

Oh, and we increased his Zonegran Friday morning after Soren's bad day on Thursday. So far, it's not zoning him out. In fact, he had a great weekend including a fun swim in Grandpa Denny's pool today. We'll see if this increase takes us a step closer to seizure control. But I'm not going to jinx it.

Amy

No comments: